
Klitschko seemed to be missed, as the crowd was littered with Ukranian flags and would erupt even at the sight of him on the arena screens before his match-up with Jennings.
Klitschko seemed to be missed, as the crowd was littered with Ukranian flags and would erupt even at the sight of him on the arena screens before his match-up with Jennings.
by Joe Latti – Brick City Boxing – The 2015 Boxcino Tournament continues to impress, as this edition took Sands Casino in Bethlehem, PA by storm on Friday, April 10th. The show was promoted by Arthur Pelullo’s Banner Promotions and broadcast live on ESPN’s Friday Night Fights on ESPN2. The semi-finals featured four-eight round bouts in the Jr. Middleweight and Heavyweight divisions, with the winners advancing to the 2015 Boxcino Finals on May 22, 2015 in Corona, CA.
The 2015 Boxcino Tournament continues to the Sands Casino in Bethlehem, PA on Friday, April 10th. The show is promoted by Arthur Pelullo’s Banner Promotions and will be broadcast live on ESPN’s Friday Night Fights at 9 p.m. ET on ESPN2. The first round featured four-six round bouts in the Jr. Middleweight and Heavyweight divisions, which will now increase to two-eight round bouts in each division. The winners will advance to the 2015 Boxcino Finals on May 22, 2015 – at a time and place to be determined.
Joe Latti, Brick City Boxing – Andre Ward has received scrutiny in his career for not defending his titles as often as many would like. Last week when “The Ring” stripped the super middleweight of his Ring Champion belt and rankings for not defending his title against a top 5 contender the past two years. Rumors and speculation are flying around Twitter this morning as there are talks of a press release that was sent out that says the WBA has ordered Andre Ward (27-0, 1 KO) and Carl Froch (33-2, 24 KO) to square off again. The two parties were told they have 30 days to reach an agreement, and fight within 120 days or they will send the contest purse out for bidding.
Joe Latti, Brick City Boxing.com – The boxing world is certainly buzzing today as it seems we are one step closer to the mega-fight that is Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao.
A series of tweets today have informed us that negotiations are allegedly complete between the Mayweather and Pacquiao camps, and all that is left is an official announcement from Floyd Mayweather himself. The announcement of the fight was supposedly negotiated into the agreement as well, stating that only Floyd can make the announcement and it will be on his terms. Speculation suggests it will happen as soon as Friday, February 20th.
Last year ESPN2 aired the inaugural ‘2014 Boxcino Championship’ tournament for the 135 lb Lightweight and 160 lb Middleweight divisions. In the lightweight finals, Petr Petrov (35-4-2, 17 KO) of Madrid, Spain defeated Fernando Carcamo (17-6, 13 KO’s) of Ciudad Obregon, Mexico by TKO in round 8. In the middleweight finals, Willie Monroe Jr. (19-1, 6 KO) of Rochester, NY defeated then undefeated Brandon Adams (15-1, 10 KO) of Los Angeles, CA via unanimous decision.
By: Joe Latti, Brick City Boxing – The stars were out Friday night at Madison Square Garden as Roc Nation Sports kicked off the first edition of their “Throne Boxing” series. The event was televised by Fox Sports 1 and hosted by famous New York radio personalities Angie Martinez and DJ Mustard with Michael Buffer doing the pre-fight introductions. Rapper and New York City native Fabolous put on a performance in the ring before the main event. Some of the guests scattered around ringside included Jay Z, Rihanna, Jake Gyllenhaal, CC Sabathia, Victor Cruz, Winky Wright, Bryant Jennings, Rosie Perez, Paulie Malignaggi, and the newest boxer to the Roc Nation Sports family Andre Ward, who was signed to a deal just hours before the event.
The main event featured Dusty Hernandez-Harrison (25-0, 13 KOs) in a dominant victory by decision over New York fan favorite Tommy Rainone (22-6-1, 4 KOs). The bout started off with light action in the first frame, a round which could have went either way.