‘2nd Place Ain’t a Prize’ says Bernard Hopkins

'2nd Place Ain't a Prize' says Bernard Hopkins

Golden Boy Promotions’ Bernard Hopkins, has stated that while he wasn’t ‘disappointed’ in David Lemieux’s performance against Gennady Golovkin on Saturday night in New York, he thought that he was going to ‘perform better’ than he did.

Hopkins gave full credit to Golovkin for the ram-rod jab that he threw at a frenetic pace, going on to suggest that Lemieux tactically fought the wrong fight against the taller man, and that his crouching, come-forward style – along with his haircut – was his downfall in the end.

continue

‘Eubank Jr Can Win a World Title’ says Darren Barker

'Eubank Jr Can Win a World Title' says Darren Barker

Former IBF middleweight champion, Darren Barker, has tipped Chris Eubank Jr to go on and win a world title in the none too distant future.

Eubank makes his debut under the Matchroom Sport promotional banner on Saturday night when he faces unheralded American, Tony Jeter, topping a lukewarm bill in Sheffield by default thanks to Kell Brook pulling out of his IBF welterweight fight with Diego Chaves due to [an un-provable] rib injury.

continue

End of the Title Road for Macklin?

End of the Title Road for Macklin?

The end of the road may have arrived for former middleweight world title challenger Matthew Macklin – at least at top level – after he appeared to struggle last night in his first fight back down at 154 in 9 years, squaring off against former British title challenger, Jason Welborn.

Macklin, now 33, was making noise about still wanting to win a world title, something he felt he could achieve by moving back down, although given last night’s showing in Birmingham, many are left wondering what is left for him at the top end of the sport.

continue

Anthony Dirrell: ‘I’ll Be Back On Top Soon’

Anthony Dirrell: 'I'll Be Back On Top Soon'

Former WBC super middleweight champion, Anthony Dirrell, has stated that he has got over losing his title to current champion, Badou Jack, and is staying patient and preparing hard as he pursues his ultimate goal of a rematch.

Dirrell lost the title to the Swedish-born ‘Money Team’ member in an upset voluntary defence loss back in April, before rebounding with a shut-out points win over fringe middleweight contender, Marco Antonio Rubio last month in Texas, and is claiming he wants back at ‘top level.’

continue

Prichard Colon Undergoes Emergency Surgery Following Terrel Williams Fight

Prichard Colon Undergoes Emergency Surgery Following Terrel Williams Fight

Lou DiBella, President of DiBella Entertainment: “Prichard Colon became symptomatic in his dressing room following his bout with Terrel Williams Saturday afternoon at EagleBank Arena in Fairfax, VA. Within moments, he was under the care of EMTs and was rushed to Inova Fairfax Hospital. He suffered a brain bleed as a result of an injury during the bout and underwent immediate surgery to relieve pressure on his brain. His condition remains critical. Prichard’s family has requested that their privacy be respected at this time. Updates will be provided when appropriate. We ask that everyone join us in praying for Prichard and his family.”

Puerto Rican welterweight prospect, Prichard Colon, has undergone emergency surgery for brain injuries suffered in Saturday’s clash with Terrel Williams in Fairfax, Virginia, and is reportedly in a coma.

continue

‘I See Fury Getting Knocked Out’ says Lennox Lewis

'I See Fury Getting Knocked Out' says Lennox Lewis

Heavyweight legend, Lennox Lewis, has offered his two pennies worth regarding next month’s Wladimir Klitschko/Tyson Fury fight, saying that if Fury can’t find answers to the dominant Ukrainian’s ram rod jab, then he’s getting knocked out.

The former undisputed champion clashed with the 6′ 9″ ‘Gypsy Warrior’ last month when the two engaged in a spat over social media that led to the Hall of Fame Inductee and Seoul ’88 gold medalist listing his numerous boxing accomplishments in response to comments from Fury in the media that Lewis was ‘jealous’ and a ‘has been.’

continue

Cleverly Deserves Respect says Bellew

Cleverly Deserves Respect says Bellew

After Welshman Nathan Cleverly battled valiantly to lose a decision to Andrzej Fonfara in their PBC light-heavyweight clash in Chicago last night, bitter rival Tony Bellew has spoken out to say that ‘he deserves respect.’

Bellew and Cleverly are 1 a piece in their own 175/200 lb rivalry, their last fight being November 2014’s PPV bore-fest at cruiser, which the Scouser eventually did enough to win by split decision in front of his hometown fans.

continue

Eggington Seeking to Send Message to Gavin With Big Win Tonight

Eggington Seeking to Send Message to Gavin With Big Win Tonight

British welterweight champion, Sam Eggington, is determined to send a message to ‘injured’ rival, Frankie Gavin tonight in Birmingham, by beating former foe and late notice opponent Dale Evans in style.

Gavin pulled out with 10 days to go until fight night, ostensibly due to a foot injury, although he has been pictured sparring since and was tweeting about being on his morning run just yesterday, prompting ‘conspiracy theorists’ to go into overdrive regarding the legitimacy of the injury given the fight is to be rescheduled for Matchroom’s December 12 PPV from London – a card promoter Eddie Hearn needs to stack.

continue

Badou Jack: ‘I Want DeGale Fight’ / Chavez Jr Also Possible

Badou Jack: 'I Want DeGale Fight' / Chavez Jr Also Possible

WBC super-middleweight champion, Badou Jack, has stated that he is keen on a unification fight with Britain’s IBF champion, James DeGale in the future, though has admitted he may end up fighting Julio Cesar Chavez Jr first.

Jack recently beat DeGale’s bitter rival George Groves in Las Vegas on the Floyd Mayweather/Andre Berto bill, and is keen to get his hands on the Beijing 2008 gold medalist for a unification next year, provided ‘Chunky’ gets past Canada’s Lucien Bute on Nov. 28 first.

continue

Brook Pulls Out of Chaves Fight With ‘Convenient’ Injury

Brook Pulls Out of Chaves Fight With 'Convenient' Injury

IBF welterweight champion, Kell Brook, has pulled out of his Oct 24. title defence against Argentina’s Diego Chaves, allegedly due to a rib injury.

The Sheffield fighter has reportedly picked up the injury in sparring, an ailment which the more cynically minded among us might call ‘conveniently timed’ given he was due to fight for what we’ll call a PPV purse on a non-PPV show next week.

continue