Williams vs Patterson / Eubank vs Langford in Cardiff

Williams vs Patterson / Eubank vs Langford in Cardiff

Frank Warren yesterday announced a blockbuster double main event bill for Cardiff’s Motorpoint Arena on Saturday October 22nd, featuring the mandated British Title showdowns between Chris Eubank Jr and Tommy Langford; and Liam Williams and Ahmet Patterson.

The purse bid for the Eubank and Langford’s British Middleweight title bout was won by Frank Warren earlier this month and will mark a huge opportunity for ‘The Baggies Bomber’ Langford who has sparred Eubank Jr in the past.

continue

Abel Sanchez says Eubank Jr or James DeGale will be next for GGG

Abel Sanchez says Eubank Jr or James DeGale will be next for GGG

Though undefeated star Gennady Golovkin insists he is in no way looking past his “biggest test” of a fight with Kell Brook, it is understandable how his team are looking at what may come next for the middleweight ruler. Tom Loeffler, GGG’s manager, has said how the plan, all being well, is for Golovkin to box again in November or December of this year. That would be just two or three months on from the defence against IBF welterweight champ Brook, but who might the opponent be?

continue

Eubank Jr still calling out Golovkin!

Eubank Jr still calling out Golovkin!

He lost out on a September 10 date with middleweight king Gennady Golovkin, reportedly because he failed to sign the contract in time, but that doesn’t mean Chris Eubank Junior is in any mood to be quiet. Eubank Jr says he “never saw a contract” and he wasted no time in rubbishing the GGG-Kell Brook fight. And Eubank Jr has again called out Golovkin.

Via his official Twitter page, Eubank Jr, the reigning British middleweight champ, again belittled the September 10 fight and challenged Triple-G to a “real fight.”

continue

Who Next for Eubank Junior? Martin Murray says “let’s do it, if your dad will let you!”

Who Next for Eubank Junior? Martin Murray says “let’s do it, if your dad will let you!”

He lost out on a massive fight with middleweight ruler Gennady Golovkin (either because he was simply too late to the contract table, or due to not seeing the contract in time, depending on which side you listen to) but the career of Chris Eubank Junior goes on. In fact, all the publicity he received over his possible fight with GGG has likely made Eubank a bigger name. But who will he fight next?

continue

Gennady Golovkin waiting on a signature from Chris Eubank Jr…

Gennady Golovkin waiting on a signature from Chris Eubank Jr…

Will a fight between Gennady Golovkin and Chris Eubank Junior – the man who has been calling him out for some time, even recently posting a hugely confident message on social media where he promised to “rip the belts” away from GGG – actually happen? Well, Golovkin appears to be losing patience. Taking to his own Twitter page this afternoon, the middleweight king made it clear: the ball is now firmly in Eubank’s court:

“Everything is agreed from our side. Now waiting for @ChrisEubankJr, who all of a sudden has lost his pen….” GGG wrote a couple of hours ago, more than a touch sarcastically.

continue

Golovkin vs Eubank Jr: What If Eubank Pulls It Off And Defeats GGG?

Golovkin vs Eubank Jr: What If Eubank Pulls It Off And Defeats GGG?

If Chris Eubank Junior pulled off the seemingly impossible and defeated GGG, where would it rank all-time in great British wins?

The fight hasn’t been finalised yet, let alone officially announced, but all involved in getting the Gennady Golovkin-Chris Eubank Junior fight done are optimistic it will happen, possibly as soon as August, maybe in London. Golovkin has said he likes the fight and is willing to come to the UK, while Eubank Jr has been calling for the fight for some time. Now, if all the money issues, the TV rights issues and other things can be settled, with respective promoters Eddie Hearn and Tom Loeffler currently working hard to make it so, the fight could well happen.

continue

Eubank to meet with Golovkin tomorrow, to discuss possible September fight

Eubank to meet with Golovkin tomorrow, to discuss possible September fight

Fresh off his crushing win over Tom Doran in defence of his British middleweight title last night, Chris Eubank Junior will now meet with Gennady Golovkin to discuss a potential clash in September. The Star reports how Eubank and his team will meet and discuss a fight with Golovkin tomorrow.

Promoter Eddie Hearns says Eubank Jr is the only world class middleweight eager to face the unbeaten pound-for-pound star.

continue

Joshua Stops Breazeale; Groves & Eubank Jr Win – Results

Joshua Stops Breazeale; Groves & Eubank Jr Win - Results

Making his first defense of his IBF heavyweight title, Anthony Joshua (17-0, 17 KOs) gave American Dominic Breazeale (17-1, 15 KOs) a bad beating in defeating him by a 7th round knockout on Saturday night at the O2 Arena in London, UK. Joshua put the game but limited Breazeale down two times in the 7th. The fight was stopped at 1:01 with Breazeale on the canvas unable to get up. He was too hurt.

Breazeale had talked ahead of time of giving Joshua a tough fight, but the only thing Breazeale was the ability to absorb a horrible beating. I’m not sure that Joshua could have withstood the amount of huge shots that Breazeale took if the fight was the other way around.

continue

Hearn says a Golovkin-Eubank Junior fight “is there to sign if they both want it”

Hearn says a Golovkin-Eubank Junior fight “is there to sign if they both want it”

Promoter Eddie Hearn says a fight between Gennady Golovkin and Chris Eubank Junior is desperately close to being made, with just “a few things to tie up but basically if everyone wants this fight then it’s all there to sign.” Speaking with Sky Sports, the Matchroom boss and promoter of British middleweight champ Eubank Jr said he sees the fight taking place in London in the autumn, probably in a big stadium.

continue

Conor Benn lashes out at Chris Eubank Sr

YouTube video

Chris Eubank Sr. and Dave Coldwell clashed at a press conference today ahead of their charges Chris Eubank Jr and Tom Doran meeting for the British Middleweight title at The O2 on Saturday night live on Sky Sports Box Office – but the fighters say their focus is on their clash.

continue