Haye -De Mori Undercard Announced

Haye -De Mori Undercard Announced

The undercard has today been announced for David Haye’s long-awaited comeback fight against Australia’s top 10 WBA ranked Mark De Mori on Saturday January 16, 2016 at The O2 in London.

Topping the Haye Day undercard is De Mori’s compatriot, Billy ‘The Kid’ Dib (39-4, 23 KOs) who takes on England’s tough contender Jamie Speight in a super featherweight contest scheduled for ten rounds. A former two-weight world champion, Dib, who was previously promoted by rap sensation 50 Cent, recently fought Takashi Miura for the WBC World super featherweight title in a thrilling contest in May.

continue

Video: Haye hits back at De Mori

The Hayemaker has responded to the threat as follows: “Yo Mark De Mori – I heard you said England suck at rugby, cricket and football well, believe me, you play all those sports. With boxing you don’t play you fight and the only chance you’ve got of winning this fight is to have the whole rugby team in the ring with you. You are getting knocked out – trust me.”

continue

Fury: Absolutely NO Interest in David Haye Fight

Fury: Absolutely NO Interest in David Haye Fight

Tyson Fury has again confirmed that he will not fight returning countryman, David Haye, under any circumstances, claiming he would rather vacate any titles on principle should the ‘Hayemaker’ work his way into a mandatory position to fight for them.

Fury remains adamant that former WBA champ, Haye, will never get a shot at any of the IBF/WBO/WBA heavyweight titles as long as he owns them, given that he pulled out of fighting Fury twice shortly before he retired in 2013, costing the 6’9″ Brit his ranking at the time and delaying his eventual shot at Klitschko.

continue

Haye: ‘I’m Looking to Surpass Prior Achievements With Comeback’

Haye: 'I'm Looking to Surpass Prior Achievements With Comeback'

Former WBA heavyweight champion, David Haye (26-2, 24ko), has claimed that he wishes to surpass all prior boxing achievement with his comeback under new trainer, Shane McGuigan; a process that begins for the ‘Hayemaker’ on Jan. 16 at London’s O2 when he fights Australian, Mark De Mori (30-1-2, 26ko).

Haye – who also unified WBO/WBC/WBA 200 lb titles in a 10 year career – has not boxed for 3 and a half years, since he knocked out Dereck Chisora at London’s Upton Park in July 2012, and is also returning after an extensive period of rehabilitation on the injured shoulder that brought about his enforced retirement from the sport in the first instance.

continue

‘Haye is Back for Anthony Joshua’ says Eddie Hearn

'Haye is Back for Anthony Joshua' says Eddie Hearn

Matchroom Boxing chief, Eddie Hearn has stated his belief that former heavyweight world champion David Haye is returning to the sport to seek out a fight with his unbeaten future star, Anthony Joshua.

Haye this week announced his intention to return to boxing under the tutelage of Carl Frampton trainer, Shane McGuigan, and has claimed many times over recent months that he intends to get back to top level again in 2016.

continue

David Haye Returns Under Shane McGuigan

David Haye Returns Under Shane McGuigan

Former world heavyweight champion, David Haye has revealed he is set to return to the ring in 2016 under Carl Frampton trainer Shane McGuigan, son of legendary former Irish world champion, Barry.

Haye, who also held WBO/WBA/WBC cruiserweight titles over a 10 year pro career, and hasn’t boxed in over three years since knocking out bitter rival, Dereck Chisora in July 2012, released a short promo video via The LAD Bible, accompanied by the twitter hashtag #HayeMakerIsBack.

continue

David Haye: The Boy Who Cried Wolf ? / Promising a Comeback Yet AGAIN!

David Haye: The Boy Who Cried Wolf ? / Promising a Comeback Yet AGAIN!

It’s been over three years since former WBA heavyweight champion David Haye last stepped between the ropes and knocked out Dereck Chisora in 5 rounds at a rain soaked Upton Park, and ever since that time fans have been more used to seeing ‘The Hayemaker’ popping up on reality television, or proffering himself as the first black James Bond, than duking it out in a boxing ring.

After twice signing, and twice pulling out of fighting Tyson Fury, then retiring citing a shoulder injury, we have been promised numerous times that Haye would be returning at some point, and in true “boy who cried wolf” fashion, it seems the fans grew weary of his empty promises and moved on.

continue

Peter Fury: ‘Haye Bottled It With Tyson’

Peter Fury: 'Haye Bottled It With Tyson'

After David Haye twice signed to fight Tyson Fury and twice pulled out on him in 2013, citing injury, it left the giant Mancunian high and dry. Having put himself through two costly training camps ostensibly for nothing , Fury was left certain of one thing. NEVER would he deal with David Haye again.

Three years ago was the last time Haye stepped between the ropes at a rain soaked Upton Park, knocking out Dereck Chisora in 5 rounds – it followed their notorious brawl at the post-fight presser for Chisora’s challenge against Vitali Klitschko – and ever since that day, Haye has been popping up here and there on various quiz shows and reality TV programme’s, seemingly in an attempt to keep his name in the limelight.

continue

David Haye: Fury Is Not Good Enough To Beat Klitschko

David Haye: Fury Is Not Good Enough To Beat Klitschko

The soon-to-go-to purse bids clash between long reigning lineal heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko and mandatory challenger Tyson Fury, is set to be one of the biggest heavyweight clashes involving a British fighter since David Haye’s own ill-fated Wladimir challenge and trip to Hamburg 4 years ago – which resulted in the now infamous and oft ridiculed “Toe-Gate” saga in which Haye displayed his injured little toe to the world as “evidence” of his poor performance immediately after the fight.

The fact of the matter remains that like so many before him, Haye came up short against “Dr.Steelhammer” – yet ahead of Fury’s attempt at dethroning the younger Klitschko brother, he has seen fit to speak out and scotch the giant Mancunian’s chances – going so far in ‘The Sun’ as to suggest the fight won’t even take place – saying he’ll be “very surprised” to see Fury actually get in the ring to fight the Ukrainian champion.

continue