Charr working hard to get Haye fight; tweets gory photo of him

BHduKOzCIAEddAH#8 WBC heavyweight contender Manuel Charr (23-1, 13 KO’s) might be little more than just a fringe contender in the division, but he is quite good at pushing for fights against top fighters. Charr campaigned for a title shot against WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko last year and got it despite never having faced any real quality opposition.

The outcome was predictable with Vitali easily stopping the over-matched Charr in four rounds and leaving him a bloody mess. Now, Charr is looking to get a fight with former WBA heavyweight champion David Haye (26-2, 24 KO’s), and he recently tweeted a photo of himself holding up the severed head of Haye in a move to make fun of Haye having previously created a head of him holding the severed heads of Vitali and Wladimir Klitschko.

This was the same scenario with Haye talking himself into a fight with Wladimir but without the experience at the heavyweight level necessary for him to be successful.

The scary thing is Charr is considered to be the leading candidate for Haye’s June 29th fight in Manchester, which is slightly disappointing given that Haye’s manager/trainer Adam Booth had been talking big about how Haye’s next opponent would be a top 10 unbeaten contender. The last time I checked, Charr has been beaten by Vitali.

continue

Vitali: The Haye fight isn’t interesting to me

vitali234WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko (45-2, 41 KO’s) says a future fight isn’t an appealing one to him, and it’s not one that’s high on his immediate agenda. Vitali plans on continuing his career, but his main plan is to defend against his top challenger rather than giving Haye a shot at the title.

Vitali’s rationale is he gave Haye the opportunity to fight him last September when Vitali offered him a fight in Moscow, Russia. Haye said no to fight, so Vitali says he moved on and isn’t thinking about Haye anymore.

If Haye wants the fight with Vitali, he’s going to have to wait a long time and put himself in position for the fight by getting ranked high by the World Boxing Council. Haye is currently ranked #5 by the WBC.

continue

David Haye to announce comeback on Thursday in London press conference

haye2222Former WBA heavyweight champion David Haye (26-2, 24 KO’s) will be holding a London press conference this Thursday at which time he’s expected to announce his comeback, and his two-fight plan to get himself locked in as the mandatory challenger for IBF/IBO/WBA/WBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko.

The 32-year-old Haye, who hasn’t fought since last July in beating 2nd tier heavyweight Dereck Chisora by a 5th round TKO, has given up trying to talk WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko into fighting him. Haye now wants to force the issue on his brother Wladimir by fighting two quick fights against top tier opposition to get himself locked in as Wladimir’s mandatory while at the same time putting him in a better spot to get more money than he would if it were to be an optional title defense.

continue

Why Vitali Klitschko needs to fight David Haye

vitali4By Anthony Jeffrey: It’s been almost 2 years since David Haye’s fuse was snuffed out by Wladimir Klitschko. However, after muting the trash-talking Londoner it’s pretty much been business as usual for the Klitschkos – back to beating down unknown, out-of-shape bums.

But even though his self-proclaimed prophecy didn’t quite manifest against Wlad, Haye still has a good enough case for taking on Vitali Klitschko. True, the brash Brit got soundly beaten and was unable to land anything meaningful on Wlad, but it was more a failure to live up to expectation than an actual bad performance. He spent most of the fight on the outside looking for that one big shot because he just couldn’t get by Wlad’s jab. He basically talked himself into his own grave.

After everything was said and done, I wouldn’t blame Wlad for not giving Haye a re-match, but a Vitali vs Haye fight would possibly create even more interest. Let’s face it; David Haye is still the most exciting fighter in the division.

continue

Haye: I can give Vitali the mega-fight his resume is missing

haye324By Michael Collins: David Haye (26-2, 24 KO’s) still isn’t giving up in his seemingly hopeless pursuit of a big money fight against 41-year-old WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko (45-2, 41 KO’s) despite the apparent lack of interest coming from the 6’7” Ukrainian. It seems like the more Vitali ignores Haye, the more Haye continues to talk up a fight between him and Vitali.

Haye said to the telegraph.co.uk “There’s nobody else in heavyweight division that can give RTL the viewing figures…But the bottom line is that he’s a fighter and hopefully he wants the fight the fans want. He’s never had that flagship fight, that one mega-fight that people will always remember him for.”

I don’t think Haye would be a fight that would make much of a serious impact on Vitali’s resume to tell you the truth. Having Haye on his resume would be pretty much about the same as having other guys like Shannon Briggs, Samuel Peter and Corrie Sanders.

continue

Haye: If Vitali retires, I may follow him

By Michael Collins: David Haye wants a fight against WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko in the worst way imaginable and Haye’s not interested in staying busy while Vitali decides what he wants to do with his boxing career. Haye says might retire if he doesn’t get the Vitali fight. He’s telling everyone that’s willing to listen to speak how badly he wants the Vitali fight. It’s one of those things where he’s totally dialed into this fight and doesn’t want fight anyone else for some peculiar reason.

continue

Haye: Vitali needs to fight me for his legacy

haye343434By Michael Collins: David Haye (26-2, 24 KO’s) thinks that WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko’s legacy won’t be impressive as it could be unless he faces his before he retires from boxing in the near future. Haye doesn’t think Vitali has had a true legacy-building fight during his 16-year-old career that boxing fans will remember.

Haye told Sky Sports News “He [Vitali] needs a fight people will actually remember, and the only recognized heavyweight out there is myself. He’s had 50 fights against nobodies. The only fight of his that people remember is the one against Lennox Lewis, which he lost.”

I’m all for Vitali building his legacy but there’s really no one in the top 15 right now that will help Vitali in that respect. Haye has already been easily beaten Wladimir Klitschko, so his scalp wouldn’t be worth much for Vitali at this point. It might have been before Wladimir beat Haye, but not now.

Fighters like Tyson Fury and David Price aren’t worth much for Vitali, because those fighters have been facing generally weak opposition.

continue

Haye should forget about Vitali and either retire or fight someone else

By Michael Collins: It’s kind of sad to see former WBA heavyweight champion David Haye (26-2, 24 KO’s) still hanging around waiting and hoping that he’ll somehow get a big fight with WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko. It’s pretty clear that isn’t going to happen, and he’s just wasting his time talking about the fight all the time when the signs are pretty clear that there’s just no interest from Vitali’s side.

continue

Haye: I want to KO Vitali Klitschko in 2013

haye213By Brad Cronick: Former two division world champion David Haye has hitched his wagon to WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko, as that’s the only fight that Haye wants before he retires. Haye is waiting to see if the 41-year-old Vitali will fight him or choose to retire.

If Vitali retires, then Haye plans on getting out of boxing as well because he doesn’t want to fight any of the smaller names despite the fact that he can still make very good money against them. Haye wants the huge money that would come with a fight against the big 6’7” Vitali.

Haye also wouldn’t mind getting a rematch against Vitali’s brother IBF/IBO/WBA/WBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko, but he has no interest in fighting Haye again after easily beating him by a 12 round decision in July 2011.

Haye said to the Evening Standard “I want to knock Vitali Klitschko out in 2013. The contract for the fight has been agreed and is there ready to sign. Were it simply up to me, I’d be training to fight right now. Nobody seems to know if Vitali wants to set foot again in the ring, let alone face somebody as dangerous as me.”

continue

Haye thinks Vitali will want to fight him next year

YouTube video
By Michael Collins: Former WBA heavyweight champion David Haye gave an interview on Wednesday where said that an agreement has already been made with WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko in 2013. Whether Haye is on the level with this is still unknown because we’re only hearing Haye say it and not Vitali.

Haye said to Sky Sports News “”The fight has already been agreed, the contract’s done – the money, the split, everything. We don’t need a new contract…In my opinion next year he will want to fight again at some stage and he will want a big fight. I’m the biggest fight out there and he knows that, he’s not stupid.”

Vitali is running for office in Ukraine and he could retire from boxing if elected. As for a fight against Haye, Vitali hasn’t been acting all that interested in fighting him despite having said in the past that he wanted to knock Haye out and improve upon the performance his younger brother IBF/IBO/WBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko made a year ago when he easily beat Haye by a 12 round unanimous decision in a one-sided fight.

continue