Spence, Thurman and Deontay Wilder map future

Spence, Thurman and Deontay Wilder map future

Heavyweight World Champion Deontay Wilder and Welterweight World Champions Keith Thurman and Errol Spence Jr. met with the media on Saturday at Barclays Center to discuss their upcoming bouts and expected 2018 campaigns.

Wilder will defend his WBC belt on Nov. 4 against mandatory challenger Bermane Stiverne live on SHOWTIME from Barclays Center in a Premier Boxing Champions event. Thurman announced he expects to return in early 2018 in his first bout since unifying the division and subsequent surgery.

continue

Anthony Joshua Vs. Deontay Wilder: Today’s Ali-Frazier?

Anthony Joshua Vs. Deontay Wilder: Today's Ali-Frazier?

While almost all fight fans and boxing historians feel there will NEVER be another fight or night as epic and as truly special as the happening that was the Joe Frazier-Muhammad Ali super-fight from 1971, reigning WBC heavyweight king Deontay Wilder says that a fight between he and rival champ Anthony Joshua would rank right up there with “The Fight of The Century.”

Like Ali and Frazier were at the time of their monster fight, Wilder and Joshua are unbeaten, close to their respective peak, and each boasts a genuine claim to the crown. There the similarities end but Wilder, in speaking with GQ, is adamant a fight between he and the IBF/WBA ruler will be the biggest fight in the division’s history for some time.

continue

If only – A Heavyweight WBSS Tournament

If only - A Heavyweight WBSS Tournament

Fans are currently enjoying the exciting, the-best-fight-the-best, World Boxing Super Series tournament; or to be fully accurate, we are enjoying two ongoing WBSS tournaments; the one at cruiserweight as well as the one at super-middleweight.

So far, both eight-man elimination tourneys have gone smoothly and we have seen some great action fights along with some crunching knockouts – and the thrilling finals are still to come, in the first quarter of 2018.

continue

Anthony Joshua fires back at “David Feathers” and “Beyonce Wilder,” says these fights will happen “in time”

Anthony Joshua fires back at “David Feathers” and “Beyonce Wilder,” says these fights will happen “in time”

Anthony Joshua is not one for trash-talk, yet he could not resist coming out with a little bit of it when addressing the recent calling out he has been subjected to by both Deontay Wilder and David Haye.

Wilder, via a video the WBC heavyweight champ uploaded on social media, strongly suggests the WBA/IBF ruler is unwilling to face him. Not so says AJ, who gave both Wilder and his fellow Brit Haye both barrels.

continue

Should a Deontay Wilder-Anthony Joshua fight take place in America?

Should a Deontay Wilder-Anthony Joshua fight take place in America?

Should the guaranteed heavyweight explosion that is Deontay Wilder, WBC king Vs. Anthony Joshua, WBA/IBF champ, take place in the U.S, the U.K, or some place else? Without doubt THE biggest possible fight that can be made in the glamour division of the sport today, Wilder-Joshua HAS to happen and, all being well for we fight fans, it will happen.

But where?

continue

Deontay Wilder faces Bermane Stiverne on Nov.4

Deontay Wilder faces Bermane Stiverne on Nov.4

WBC Heavyweight World Champion Deontay Wilder will defend his title against mandatory challenger Bermane Stiverne on Saturday, Nov. 4 live on SHOWTIME in a rematch of their 2015 world title fight. The event is presented by Premier Boxing Champions from Barclays Center, the home of BROOKLYN BOXING™.

continue

WBC: Deontay Wilder will fight Bermane Stiverne – Breaking news!

WBC: Deontay Wilder will fight Bermane Stiverne - Breaking news!

Luis “King Kong” Ortiz (27-0, 24 KOs) is now officially out for November 4 against WBC heavyweight champion Deontay “Bronze Bomber” Wilder (38-0, 37 KOs) for the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. Former WBC champion Bermane Stiverne (25-2, 21 KOs) will slide up from the co-feature spot on the November 4 card to face Wilder in the main event.

continue

November 4: The Show will go on – but who will Deontay Wilder fight?

November 4: The Show will go on – but who will Deontay Wilder fight?

As soon as the news broke regarding how heavyweight contender Luis Ortiz had tested positive for an illegal substance, fight fans everywhere went into a slump, realising Ortiz’ big fight with WBC ruler Deontay Wilder had surely fallen apart.

And though some reports confirmed the worst, that the clash of unbeaten punchers was indeed cancelled, Lou DiBella, promoter of Wilder, informed RingTV.com that this is not the case – it seems the show will go on at the Barclays Centre in New York next month.

continue

Dillian Whyte tweets Wilder: No excuses now, I’ll take Ortiz’ place!

Dillian Whyte tweets Wilder: No excuses now, I'll take Ortiz' place!

It hasn’t taken long for the news of Luis Ortiz’ failed drugs test to reach British heavyweight Dillian Whyte – and Whyte sees opportunity in the demise of the Cuban’s November 4 fight with Deontay Wilder.

Whyte, who has wanted and called out for a shot at Wilder and his WBC crown for some time, took to his twitter account a couple of hours ago, basically writing how Wilder must now face him instead of Ortiz.

“No excuses now, I’ll take Ortiz’ place,” wrote Whyte, adding the words, “Eddie Hearn make this fight now.”

continue