It took a long time to find a date and then it got postponed, now it’s back on again – we hope. The Tyson Fury-Wladimir Klitschko rematch everyone is eager to see for a number of reasons will now take place on October 29th, so says Klitschko manager Bernd Boente and Fury’s uncle and trainer Peter. Boente spoke of the new date with German publication BILD last week and Irish-Boxing.com reports how Peter Fury confirmed the new date for the bout yesterday. The venue will stay the same, The Manchester Arena.
Wladimir Klitschko
Wladimir Klitschko boxing news
Haye speaks on Fury’s injury, is disappointed Klitschko return got delayed
As fight fans will likely recall, heavyweight contender and former WBA champ David Haye twice pulled out of fighting Tyson Fury due to suffering an injury – a cut eye and then a shoulder injury that needed surgery – and Fury really put the boot in, claiming Haye was scared to face him. Now, in light of Fury’s ankle injury postponing his big rematch with Wladimir Klitschko, Haye could perhaps be forgiven for putting the boot firmly back in.
Instead, Haye said to Sky Sports that he is as disappointed as everyone else who wanted to see the July 9 encounter, and Haye said he feels Fury will be able to recover fast and “get back on it,” (Haye meant back on it with regards to training, not boozing!)
Wladimir Klitschko Holds a Dubious “Record” – But at Least He’s in Good Company
On one hand, you can’t “win” this record unless you’re a great fighter, your odds of winning virtually ironclad.
On the other hand, I don’t think any fighter really wants to hold the record for Most Times On The Wrong End of Ring Magazine’s Upset of the Year.
In 2003, Wladimir Klitschko lost his WBO heavyweight title by way of 2nd round knockout, delivered courtesy of the late, great Corrie Sanders’ infamous left hand.
Wladimir Klitschko: “I am totally disappointed about the cancellation”
Tyson Fury injured – Rematch Tyson Fury vs. Wladimir Klitschko postponed
Hamburg, June 24, 2016. Two weeks before the rematch of Wladimir Klitschko vs. Tyson Fury on July 9 in the Manchester Arena, the Brit has now postponed the fight due to injury. According to his promoter, Hennessy Sports, an ankle injury kept the 27-year-old from this battle.
Tyson Fury – Wladimir Klitschko Postponed
By now, fight fans may have read or heard about heavyweight champ Tyson Fury’s claims that his rematch with Wladimir Klitschko, set for July 9, will be postponed due to an ankle injury Fury says he suffered whilst out running ten days ago. So far, we have not heard from anyone else – not Peter Fury, Tyson’s trainer, nor have we heard anyone from the Klitschko camp react to the news. But Fury sounds truly disappointed to have had to have broken this news.
Klitschko calls Fury “An imbecile champion”
Wladimir Klitschko’s main motivation going into his July 9 rematch with Tyson Fury seems to be Fury’s mouth, and his very real desire to close it with a gloved fist. It’s no secret Klitschko does not like some of the things Fury has come out with in recent times – indeed, Fury has caused nothing but outrage in some quarters, what with his views on everything from homosexuality to the Jewish race – and the ex-champ who was dethroned by Fury last November has again laid into Fury for his verbal outbursts.
Klitschko was not in any way satisfied by Fury’s apology for his recent on-line video that featured him talking about, amongst other things, how “the Jews own all the banks.” Fury issued an apology stating he is neither a racist nor a bigot, but Klitschko has called for Fury to be banned from boxing, or suspended.
Wladimir Klitschko vows to end Fury’s reign, take away Tyson’s platform
Former world heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko regrets losing to Tyson Fury for a number of reasons. Klitschko, a man used to winning, obviously didn’t want to lose, period, but he is mostly bothered by two things: his own admittedly poor performance, and the fact that with his big win over him, Fury was given a global platform to vocalise his views and opinions. And Klitschko, as he wrote today on social media, regrets the platform his loss gave Fury.
Klitschko adds hi-tech elements to his “Rocky Balboa-style workouts,” using Cyrosauna

We’ve all seen the movie Rocky IV, where Russian terror Ivan Drago uses a hi-tech approach to training, while old slugger Rocky Balboa sticks to the old-school methods of chopping trees and running in the snow and the like. Well, real-life ex-champ Wladimir Klitschko is taking no chances ahead of his must-win rematch with new heavyweight ruler Tyson Fury; using both tried and tested and new, hi-tech methods so as to be able to avenge a loss he himself calls “embarrassing.”
Tyson Fury: “Klitschko will see I am massive, I will knock him out”

Heavyweight champ Tyson Fury has been boasting about the way he is able to “go from a fat pig on the booze to a feeling really fit.” Currently training, apparently hard, in Holland, the unbeaten 27-year-old says he has put down the beer, the champagne and the vodka and is now in great physical shape. With just over a month to go until the anticipated rematch, Fury says he has bulked up and added muscle to his 6’9” frame.
Speaking from his Dutch training base, Fury said he will “be massive” upon entering the ring in Manchester on July 9 and that he will “knock Klitschko out” this time. Fury isn’t expecting an easy fight, and he says 40-year-old Klitschko “would beat anyone else but me,” but he sees only one winner.
Tyson Fury comes clean: tales of being dropped in sparring, falling out with trainer, “just fooling”
As a number of people suspected was the case all along, heavyweight champ Tyson Fury was merely messing around when he claimed he was floored three times in sparring this week and was on the verge of splitting with his uncle and long-time trainer Peter Fury. Ever the practical joker, the unpredictable 27-year-old announced on social media how he was decked and generally beaten up by a Belgian light-heavyweight fighter brought in for speed work ahead of his July 9 return meeting with Wladimir Klitschko.